|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 5 large zucchini (can be substituted for eggplant)
- 1 small Onion finely diced
- 250 grams Baby spinach roughly chopped
- 40 grams butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 500 grams cottage cheese
- 30 grams basil finely chopped
- 10 grams continental parsley finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheese grated
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 400 ml tomato puree canned
- Thinly slice zucchinis lengthways, approximately ½ cm thick.
- Place butter in a pan on medium heat, then cook zucchini slices on each side until lightly browned. Remove zucchini from pan and set aside on a plate for later.
- Brown off the onion and garlic in the pan.
- Add baby spinach and cook until wilted.
- In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, herbs, garlic, onion, baby spinach, salt and pepper.
- On a plate or chopping board lay out 2-3 slices of zucchini so they are slightly overlapping.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture across the zucchini slices, then roll. Ensure that mixture is completely wrapped in zucchini. Repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Place in a butter lined baking dish.
- Pour tomato puree over the top of zucchini rolls and top with grated cheese.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20-35 minutes or until golden.