- 700 grams mixed vegetables chopped - I suggest cauliflower, broccoli and carrots
- 60 grams butter
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour or other flour
- 1 tsp onion - brown diced
- 250 ml milk
- 115 grams cream cheese
- 115 grams Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 cup fried shallots see note
- Pre-heat oven to 175C
- Steam veggies and place into a casserole dish once soft
- In a pot, whisk butter, flour and diced onion while cooking it over medium-low heat until it is light brown, for about 3 minutes.
- Add milk, salt and pepper continue whisking over medium-low heat until thickened
- Add cream cheese and stir until smooth.
- Pour cream sauce over veggies.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle fried onions on top and bake another 5 minutes.