|Prep Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||25 mins|
- 1 kg rump steak sliced
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 150 grams white button mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste heaped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp chives optional
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Sauté the onions and garlic in a large skillet on a medium heat. Add the red wine and allow the alcohol to cook off.
- While the onions are sautéing, thinly slice the sirloin steak then add to the skillet.
- Once the steak is cooked through, add the mushrooms, tomato paste and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat on the pan and simmer until mushrooms are soft.
- Serve over mashed potato or pasta and garnish with chopped chives.