|Prep Time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||30 mins|
- 4 large zucchini (a good rule of thumb is one zucchini per person)
- 6 large tomatoes diced
- 200 grams Baby spinach roughly chopped
- 200 grams cottage cheese
- 100 grams butter
- 1 large Onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 25 grams Pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 small bunch basil roughly chopped
- Make zoodles by pushing the zucchini through a spiraliser** and place in a bowl.
- Boil hot water and pour over zoodle, ensuring they are covered. Set to the side.
- Sautee onions and garlic in half the butter.
- Add tomatoes, basil and salt, simmer on low and allow it to reduce.
- Stir through cottage cheese.
- Remove from heat and stir through remaining butter.
- Strain zoodles, serving them like you would spaghetti. Top with pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle pine nuts on top before serving.
This dish can cater to non-vegetarians by adding in chicken strips.
** If you don’t have a spiraliser, don’t stress! Just use a standard vegetable peeler to peel the zucchini lengthways into ribbons.