|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 150 grams ham shaved is best
- 100 grams cheese I love Swiss for Parmigiana but cheddar is good too
- 100 grams salsa optional
- 300 grams bread
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp onion flakes or powder
- 1 tbsp tbsp garlic powder or flakes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp full cream milk
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C and turn on the deep fryer to 180 C (if you're shallow frying, I recommend you use lard).
- Slice the chicken breast into thinner pieces, trying to keep them even in size.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and then whisk in the milk minced garlic.
- Cook either in the deep fryer or fry pan until just cooked through
- Blitz the bread in a food processor to a super fine consistency and put 1/3 onto a dinner-sized plate.
- Cover a second dinner plate with the plain flour then add the garlic flakes, onion powder, salt and pepper and mix through.
- Take a chicken piece and coat it the flour mix. Next dip it into the eggs ensuring it is completely covered. Finally cover it in the bread crumbs. Repeat for all the pieces of chicken.
- Place a few pieces on chicken into the deep fryer or frypan and cook until the outside is golden brown and the chicken has just cooked through (when you cut it open it should still be juicy).
- Once the chicken is cooked, place ham over the entire piece of chicken. Then spread some salsa over the ham and then top with a generous amount of cheese over the top.
- Put the chicken in the oven until the cheese is completely melted. Serve with a fresh salad or mash and veg.