|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 500 grams mince
- 2 large eggs free range
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium brown onion grated
- 1 tsp mixed herbs e.g. oregano or basil
- 1 tsp chilli optional
- 1 tsp rock salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- butter, lard or coconut oil for cooking
- In a bowl, mix together the diced onion, mince, egg, garlic, herbs, chilli, salt and pepper. If the mixture is too wet you can add some almond meal or other non-grain flour.
- Roll small handfuls of the mixture into patties and set aside. While you're making the patties, turn your frying pan onto a medium heat and put in a tbsp oil.
- When the oil is hot, place the patties into the frypan and flatten a little.
- Cook both sides until golden.
- Serve with creamy mash or veggies
You may also choose to add other veggies such as carrot and zucchini to the rissoles.
The creamy mushroom sauce goes well with the rissoles.