- 2 medium or large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 1 onion - brown diced
- 225 g tempeh cut into cubes (about 2 to 3 cm thick)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika, smoked or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock or as needed
- 2 cups kale or silverbeet chopped and tightly packed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Pierce the potatoes a few times with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until tender but not mushy.
- Let cool for fifteen minutes, before chopping into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the onion is just turning golden.
- Add the tempeh cubes and sauté them until they're golden brown (about 7 or 8 minutes).
- Add the cooked sweet potato, tamari, turmeric, smoked paprika, mustard, and a quarter cup of broth.
- Use a spoon to mash up the potatoes and mix all of the ingredients together.
- Add the greens, and allow them to wilt.
- Add the red pepper flakes, and season to taste.
If you prefer, you can also peel and steam the sweet potatoes, or use any leftover sweet potatoes you have.