|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||95 minutes|
- 3 large eggs whites only
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup erythritol or xylitol powdered
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to low, 135 C
- Crack the eggs and separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Place the egg whites into a large clean bowl or a mixer.
- Start beating the egg whites on medium-low speed. Continue for about 2 minutes until the whites become foamy.
- Add the cream of tartar and vanilla then add the powdered xylitol or erythritol, a tbsp at a time
- Keep beating until they reach a stiff-peak and glossy stage.
- Spoon the mixture on a tray lined with parchment paper or a non-stick mat and place in the oven in the middle section.
- Bake at 135 C for 15 minutes.
- Then, turn the temperature down to 100 C and cook for another hour.
- After an hour, turn the oven off and keep the meringues in for another 1-2 hours. This will help the meringues dehydrate and get crispy.
- When the oven cools down completely, remove the meringues and place in an airtight container.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to be used in a recipe.