|Prep Time||10 minutes|
- 1 recipe Meringues
- 2 cups double cream or whipped coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 cup mixed berries eg ⅔of each blackberries, raspberries and strawberries
- First, prepare the meringues by following this recipe.
- When the meringues are completely chilled, start whipping the cream with a hand whisk or in a mixer. Be careful not to over whip the cream or it will get buttery
- Place half of the berries in a bowl and mash using a fork. Keep the rest of the berries aside.
- Place the mashed berries into the whipped cream. Add vanilla powder or extract.
- Crush the meringues into smaller pieces and add half to the bowl with the cream and mashed berries.
- Keep the other half of the meringues aside. Gently fold in using a spatula.
- Start assembling the parfaits. Scoop the cream & meringue mixture into serving glasses or bowls and top with some whole berries and crushed meringues.
- Add another layer of the cream mixture and top with the remaining berries and meringues.
If you are not serving straight away, keep the whipped cream separate from the meringues and berries and assemble just before serving. Otherwise, the meringues will get soggy and the cream may curdle.