When performed by a suitably qualified and trained health professional, bioelectrical impedance analysis is an accurate way to estimate body composition.
To increase the accuracy of the test, we recommend the following measures be taken:
- no eating or significant water consumption <2 hours prior to testing
- no caffeine or alcohol <2 hours prior to testing
- no smoking <2 hours prior to testing
- retest in similar environmental conditions and at the same time of day
- for women, retest at the same time of your menstrual cycle
The test only takes about 10 minutes to complete and provides the following data:
- body fat in kg and as a %
- lean mass in kg and as a %
- basal metabolic rate (BMR)
- Water volume in L and as a percentage
- Target zones for body fat, weight and hydration
NOTE: BIA only undertaken at World Gym Ipswich.