|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 300 grams cheese grated (it needs to be able to melt)
- 100 grams cream cheese diced
- 150 grams almond meal (1.5 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp rock salt to taste
- 1 large brown onion diced
- 2 Garlic cloves diced
- 2 cups mixed vegetables frozen or fresh
- 1 cup vegetable stock or broth
- 1/2 cup cream this can be substituted for coconut cream
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or other non-grain flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- Place the grated melting cheese (mozzarella, tasty etc) and diced cream-cheese into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute, stir and heat for a further minute until its full liquid.
- To the melted cheese mix add almond meal, eggs and a screw of pepper.
- Stir by hand to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into to portions about 60/40 ratio. Take the larger portion and divide that into six balls.
- Push these into a large muffin tin. Use the dough to fully line the muffin cups and slightly out the top as the dough will shrink slightly on cooking.
- Bake in a hot oven 220ºC for 10-15mins until starting to brown.
- Place the butter in a frypan on a medium heat. Saute the onions and garlic until translucent.
- When the onion and garlic are cooked, add the arrowroot powder and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add the vegetable stock to the fry pan along with the mixed vegetables. Reduce the temperature to low and allow to simmer until the veggies have softened and the sauce has thickened.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the cream and then season with salt and pepper. Allow to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- When pie bases are cooked through, remove from the oven and spoon in a generous helping of the pie filling.
- Finally divide your smaller ball of dough into six portions, flatten into circles and place on top, firmly pushing the edges to join the lower pie shell.
- Prick the top with a fork and return to the hot oven until pies are golden brown.