|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 kg seasonal vegetables eg pumpkin, cauliflower, sweet potato, carrot
- 400 ml cream
- 150 grams bacon (optional) pieces
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small Onion diced
- 300 grams cheese grated
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Depending on the vegetables you've chosen, peel and slice or chop the vegetables, making the pieces fairly thin or small.
- Steam the vegetables until they are soft but still retaining their shape.
- Put the vegetables, onion, garlic and bacon into a rectangular glass or metal cooking tray.
- Cover the vegetable mixture with cream (400ml may be too much or not enough - the trick is not using too much as it makes the bake quite runny). Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the vegetables with a generous serving of grated cheese
- Put the lid on the crock pot and cook for approximately 20-30 minutes
- Turn the oven up to max and cook for 5-10 minutes uncovered to get the top golden and crunchy