- 1 cup lentils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup herbs eg chives, parsley, mint, basil
- 230 g button mushrooms
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable stock
- 3 zucchini
- 230 g tempeh
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 heads romaine lettuce roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or dairy-free mayo
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- handful fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Cook lentils, drain off any excess water.
- Toss lentils with 1 tsp of the olive oil and herbs
- Clean and thinly slice mushrooms.
- Whisk together 1 tbsp of the soy sauce, the sesame oil, garlic and water or vegetable broth.
- Layer mushrooms in a baking dish and pour marinade on top.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes in a 200C oven until roasted and slightly crispy.
- Thinly slice zucchini into 1/2 moons.
- Toss with 1 tsp of the olive oil and a pinch of salt/pepper.
- Arrange in a single file on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Very thinly slice the tempeh.
- Whisk together maple syrup, 1 tbsp of the olive oil, cumin, cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp of the soy sauce and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper.
- Place temepeh in a shallow bowl and cover with marinade. Let soak for at least 15 minutes.
- To fry, place tempeh slices in a hot skillet and let cook 1-3 minutes per side until brown and crispy. Cook longer for crispier tempeh.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together.
- Layer 1/2 head of romaine lettuce in a large bowl.
- Top with 1/3 cup lentils, 1/4 avocado, 1/3 cup mushrooms, 1/3-1/2 cup cooked zucchini, 1/4 of the tempeh bacon, 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing.