- 2 tsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 onion - brown diced
- 2 carrot diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 4 cm fresh ginger peeled, finely chopped
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- fresh coriander chopped, to serve
- plain Greek yoghurt to serve
- Heat oil or butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add cumin and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Transfer to the bowl of a 5.5 litre slow cooker.
- Add lentils, stock and 2 cups cold water. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until thickened.
- Divide between serving bowls. Top with coriander and yoghurt.