|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||4-8 hours|
- 1.5 kg chicken thigh
- 1 medium brown onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 600 ml passata
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 150 ml red wine vinegar optional
- 1 medium red capscium thinly sliced
- 300 g button mushrooms sliced
- 200 g pitted Kalamata olives
- 600 g potato cubed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp rock salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 tbsp cracked pepper more or less taste
- 3 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic flakes
- 1/4 cup plain flour can be substituted for non-grain flour or plain whey protein
- butter for browning the chicken
- Mix the plain flour, garlic flakes or onion powder together on a plate then coat the chicken breast in the flour mixture.
- Heat a frypan to a medium heat and brown the chicken then set aside.
- Peel and cube all the potatoes. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the bottom of the slow cooker If your slow cooker is smallish and circular, you may need to do more than one layer.
- Arrange the chicken over the top of the potato then place all the other ingredients over the top of the chicken. Don't add the mushrooms or the olives until the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Cook on a high heat for 4 hours or a low heat for 8 hours.
You may need more or less potatoes depending on the size of your slow cooker. I use a Kambrook 5.5L rectangular banquet slow cooker.
This meal can be served by itself or it can be served with couscous (my favourite), rice, cauliflower rice, spaghetti squash or pasta.