|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||55 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 50 grams butter
- 2 large leeks pale section only, halved, washed, dried, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 500 g potatoes peeled, coarsly chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable
- 3 cups water
- 100 ml cream more or less to taste
- 20 grams fresh chives finely chopped, to serve
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leek and garlic and toss to coat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Add potato, stock and water to pan. Cover and bring to a simmer over a medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered, for 25-30 minutes or until potato is tender. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- In batches, transfer the soup to blender and blend until smooth before returning to a clean saucepan.
- Place the soup over a medium-low heat. Add cream and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chives sprinkled on top.
Our soft bread rolls are the perfect accompaniment to this soup.