- 300 g cheese grated (it needs to be able to melt)
- 100 g cream cheese diced
- 150 g almond meal (1.5 cups)
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the grated melting cheese (mozzarella, tasty etc) and diced cream-cheese into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute, stir and heat for a further minute until its full liquid.
- To the melted cheese mix add almond meal, eggs and a screw of pepper.
- Stir by hand to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into to portions about 60/40 ratio. Take the larger portion and divide that into six balls.
- Push these into a large muffin tin (Texas Size) if you have a pie maker all the better... use the dough to fully line the muffin cups and slightly out the top as the dough will shrink slightly on cooking.
- Bake in a hot oven 220ºC for 10-15mins until starting to brown. Remove from oven and spoon in a generous helping of your meat pie filling.
- Finally divide your smaller ball of dough into six portions, flatten into circles and place on top, firmly pushing the edges to join the lower pie shell.
- Prick the top with a fork and return to the hot oven until pies are golden brown.