|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- Melt butter in saucepan
- Pour melted butter into a small jug to allow it to separate and cool (5 minutes).
- Boil a small pot of water on the stove
- In a separate bowl, add together the egg yolks, vinegar and water and whisk
- Place the bowl on top of the boiling water and continue whisking. The steam will cause the eggs to pasteurise and thicken the sauce.
- Continue whisking the egg mixture until thick and hot to the touch.
- Once the mixture is hot, remove the bowl from the heat and set aside.
- Grab the jug of butter and start pouring the oil in to the bowl you’ve set aside, whisking whilst pouring. Pour the butter in gradually!
Tip: If the sauce looks like it’s about to separate or “split” grab an ice cube and whisk it into the mix – it’ll cool it down and save the sauce!