|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 200 grams chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 cup quinoa flakes (or use our breadcrumb recipe)
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds or sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated (or finely grated cheddar)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (for egg wash)
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- butter (for shallow frying)
- 20 grams birdseye chillies finely sliced
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 75 grams onion, red finely sliced
- 200 grams leafy greens of your choice (baby spinach or roquette are great with this)
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes halved
- 30 grams Pine nuts
- 100 grams Sweet potato peeled and cubed
- Create egg wash using 2 whole eggs and milk.
- Dip strips of chicken into egg wash and then coat in quinoa, poppy seed, parmesan, salt and pepper crumb mixture, ensuring chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat pan to medium temperature with butter and crushed garlic.
- Once pan has heated, place strips flat and allow to cook on each side. To ensure they are cooked, pierce the chicken with a knife, if the fluid runs clear, it is cooked.
- Leave the pan on and allow the chicken to rest as you prepare salad.
- Par cook the sweet potato (steaming is preferable, though able to be boiled).
- Once partly cooked, transfer to pan and continue to cook on mid temperature, stirring occasionally until golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Arrange leafy greens on plates to create a bed for the dish.
- Roughly sprinkle on the red onion and cherry tomatoes.
- Place sliced avocado on top.
- Toss on sweet potato cubes.
- Place chicken strips on top and sprinkle with sliced chilli and pine nuts.
- Serve with a side of mayonnaise or zesty salad dressing.
For a creamy sauce, cashew cheese recipe can be used and stirred through once taken off heat.