|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1/2 cup sugar free whole egg mayonnaise you can also make your own mayonnaise using our recipe
- 1 clove garlic peeled & crushed
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp coriander freshly chopped
- 10-20 grams fresh jalapeno peppers to taste, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 tsp rock salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth
- Keep tasting to see if it needs more lime juice, or salt.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Have the fillet steaks at room temperature and blot dry with kitchen paper.
- Brush them with a little olive oil and season with sea salt flakes. This gives the steaks a lovely seasoned crust.
- Preheat a pan to hot before putting the steaks in! Don’t be tempted to put them in too early - they won’t get a lovely brown crust if you do.
- When the steaks hit the pan, reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the steaks on one side until moisture begins to bead on top, then turn and cook the other side. Turn the steaks once only.
- It’s important to let the steaks rest after cooking. Place them on a clean plate and cover loosely with foil for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of Jalapeno Aioli and a side of freshly grilled asparagus, or green beans & toasted almonds – depending on the season.